God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
• Genesis 1:1,26,27; 3:22 • Psalm 90:2 • Matthew 28:19 • 1 Peter 1:2 • 2 Corinthians 13:14
Man is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God's creation. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin." This attitude separates man from God.
• Genesis 1:27 • Psalm 8:3-6 • Isaiah 53:6a • Romans 3:23 • Isaiah 59:1-2
Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God, through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. Heaven and Hell are places of eternal existence.
• John 3:16 • 1 John 2:25; 5:11-13 • Romans 6:23 • Revelation 20:15
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all mankind by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory. He is alive and well today and wants to be intimately involved in our lives. He is returning soon for His church. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords.
• Matthew 1:22-23 • Isaiah 9:6 • John 1:1-5; 14:10-30 • Hebrews 4:14-15 • 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 • Romans 1:3-4 • Acts 1:9-11 • 1 Timothy 6:14-15 • Titus 2:13
Salvation is a free gift from God to man. Man can never make up for his sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can man be saved from sin's penalty.
• Romans 6:23 • Ephesians 2:8-9 • John 14:6; 1:12 • Titus 3:5 • Galatians 3:26 • Romans 5:1
The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian should seek to live under His control daily.
• 2 Corinthians 3:17 • John 16:7-13; 14:16-17 • Acts 1:8 1 Corinthians 2:12; 3:16 • Ephesians 1:13 • Galatians 5:25 • Ephesians 5:18
The Bible is God's Word for all people. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. The Bible is still a relevant book for our lives today. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error.
• 2 Timothy 3:16 • 2 Peter 1:20-21 • 2 Timothy 1:13 • Psalm 119:105,160; 12:6 • Proverbs 30:5
White Chapel Church is a contemporary Christian church that is closely associated with the Church of God (Anderson, IN), a denomination that has upwards of 2,200 congregations and an average attendance over 250,000 people in North America alone. For more about the Church of God's beliefs, visit https://www.jesusisthesubject.org/our-beliefs/